Dr. Kathleen Fuller has a PhD in Anthropology from the University of Kansas. She is a Specialist on Diversity Issues. Contact Dr. Fuller to present Seminars and Workshops.
During her career as a Diversity Specialist, Dr. Fuller has been:
- Diversity Team Leader at Johnson County Community College, Kansas
- Associate Director of the Center for the Study of Race and Ethnicity in Medicine at the University of Kansas School of Medicine
- Member of the Diversity Advisory Council at the University of Kansas Medical Center
- Member of the Equity and Inclusion Committee at Maple Woods Community College, Missouri
Dr. Fuller has given many seminars and lectures on diversity-related topics to a wide variety of audiences:
- The Effect of the Essentialist Paradigm on Health Care. American Association of Physical Anthropologists Conference, Kansas City, MO
- Case Studies in Diversity and Service Learning: The Nicodemus Project and HPPI: K-12. American Association of Colleges and Universities Conference on Diversity and Learning, Pittsburgh, PA
- The Effect of Maternal UVB Radiation Deprivation on Pregnancy and Parturition. American Association of Physical Anthropologists Conference, San Antonio, TX
- Thinking Outside The Box on Diversity. Child Development Unit, University of Kansas School of Medicine
- Has the Sun Set on Optimal Health? CME presentation to South Florida Dermatologists, West Palm Beach, FL
- Human Physical Diversity and Personal Identity. Texas Christian University Conference on Inclusiveness, Fort Worth, TX
- Passive vs. Active/Proactive Diversity in the Curriculum. Diversity in Teaching and Learning in American Higher Education. San Diego, CA
- Pigmentation and ‘Race’. Center of Excellence Day, Office of Cultural Enhancement and Diversity, University of Kansas School of Medicine.
- Race and Healthcare. Students Educating and Advocating for Diversity, University of Kansas School of Medicine.
- Diversity, Not Divisiveness. Central States Anthropological Society. Kansas City, MO
- Cultural Competency in Medicine. Students Educating and Advocating for Diversity, University of Kansas School of Medicine.
Over the past 25 years, she has taught a wide variety of diversity-related courses. These include:
- Doing Diversity: Anthropology in the Classroom
- Variety: The Spice of Life: Human Physical Diversity
- Diversity and Cultural Competency in Medicine
- Individual Tapestries, Common Threads: Multiracial Humans
- Cultural Anthropology
- Physical Anthropology
See the Research Tab for a list of Dr. Fuller’s Scientific Articles.